When you register and then use NIU’s products and services, via NIU’s Website or “NIU E-scooter” mobile application (hereinafter together the “Services”), NIU collects and processes certain personal data about you. As part of our commitment to protect your personal data in a transparent manner, we want to inform you:
– why and how NIU collects, uses and stores your personal data;
– the lawful basis on which your personal data is processed; and
– what your rights and our obligations are in relation to such processing.
Type of personal data subject to the processing
We collect personal information that you provide directly to us, especially when creating and modifying your account and when using our Products and Services. The categories of data involved are as follows:
– Identification information (Name, nickname, phone number);
– Electronic identification data (Email address, login information, Password, IP address, logs and connection time, cookies and trackers);
– Vehicle Information (including Ownership Identification, Guest user Identification, Crash time and location, Ride behavior statistics, Total mileage, Day mileage, Information relating to the battery use and health, Vehicle insurance, Impaired electronic components, Major vehicle accidents, Information relating to the vehicle SIM card, Parking signal areal statistics, Information relating to vehicle theft, such as time and location when the vehicle was stolen, Information relating to the vehicle maintenance;
– Geo-localisation data.
In particular, the collection and processing of location data is subject to the following principles:
– You may deactivate geolocation at any time;
– You are informed that geolocation has been activated by the use of a particular icon.
Legal grounds and purposes of the personal data processing
We are not allowed to process personal data if we do not have a valid legal ground. Therefore we only process your personal data if (i) we have obtained your prior consent to do so, (ii) the processing is necessary to the provision of NIU’s Services or if (iii) the processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by NIU.
The collection, storage and processing of your personal data have the following main purposes:
– Allow you to use NIU’s Services and Products;
– Answer customer enquiries;
– Provide warranty/guarantee services;
– Identify defects and improve NIU’s Products and Services;
– Personalize NIU’s Services, in particular through advertising;
– Prevent fraud or criminal activity as well as misuses of NIU’s products or services.
Recipients of personal data and transfer of personal data outside the European Union
Your personal data will not be transmitted or made accessible to any third party, except to NIU’s authorized persons and NIU’s service providers, for the completion of the purposes listed above (such as IT systems providers, hosting providers, consultants, being stated that each of these service providers are bound by data protection and confidentiality obligations in order to protect your personal data.
Your personal data may be transferred to a country located outside the European Union, currently China, being specified that, as China is not considered as ensuring the same level of protection as in the European Union, NIU undertakes to take all relevant guarantees on the basis of appropriate safeguards as requested under Data Protection Legislation.
NIU will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
In particular, your personal data will be kept during the business relationship and, beyond, for promotional purposes, for reasons of proof and for accounting purposes, for a period not exceeding the applicable statutory limitation periods.
NIU has implemented adequate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized, accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, misuse, disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing. These security measures have been implemented taking into account the state of the art of the technology, their costs of implementation, the risks presented by the processing and the nature of the personal data.
NIU undertakes that all personnel accessing your personal data complies with the internal rules and processes in relation to the processing of personal data to protect them and ensure their confidentiality. They are also required to follow all technical and organizational security measures put in place to protect your personal data.
You may submit any questions you may have about our security procedures by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to access, modify, rectify, limit, delete and ask, if any, for the portability of your personal data as well as a right of opposition to the processing of such data. You also have the right to withdraw your consent where NIU obtained your prior consent to process Personal data (without this withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of any processing that took place prior to the withdrawal). You may define guidelines for post mortem use of your personal data.
You have the right to lodge a complaint at the relevant supervisory data protection authority.
To exercise the above rights, you may send an email to: email@example.com
Links to Other Websites
Specific use of NIU’s website
Registration is not required in order to use or access NIU’s website. However, this site may make forums, comments, blogs, message boards or similar available to its users. You may be required to register for these features, particularly if you wish to leave comments or provide articles.
If you do register, and in the process provide us with personal data, rest assured that any such information you provide will not be shared with any third-party organization except with your express consent.
Please note that if you post comments or articles to any forum, blog or message board on this site, any personal data you provide in those comments or articles may be read by anyone viewing them.
We also provide visitors to our website the opportunity to opt-in to receive communications from us. In this case, we ask the visitor for his or her email address and name. These communications will include our regular newsletter, product promotions and any other information that we feel may be pertinent to the visitor. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email we send to you or by replying to any email we send you.